There is no greater bond than the relationship between a parent and their child. The determination of visitation and child time-sharing is one of the most complex and delicate issues involving family law in Utah. As a single father of three children who has gone through a divorce, I understand the importance of maintaining a presence in the lives of your children. My name is Christopher M. Ault and I am Salt Lake City visitation attorney. Under Utah family law, courts determine child custody and visitation based on what is in the best interest of the child. As your family law attorney, I am committed to protecting your rights, interests along with the welfare of your children.
How Is Visitation in Utah Determined?
Each divorce and child custody case in Salt Lake City is different. The court will carefully examine several key factors to determine child time-sharing and visitation rights. Here are some important factors the court will take into consideration.
- Child’s wishes and preferences (For Children older than 12)
- Keeping siblings together
- The strength of the child’s bond with one or both parents or prospective custodians
- The emotional attachment between the child with each parent
- The state of each parent’s physical and emotional health
- The financial status of each parent and their ability to support the child.
- The lifestyles for both the mother and father
- The willingness for each parent to maintain a good relationship between the child and the other parent
- The stability of each parent’s living conditions.
- The quality of schools where the child would reside
- The continuance of a previous custody arrangement where the child is happy and well adjusted
Looking After the Rights and Interests of Clients and their Children
One of the tragedies of divorce is that it can split families apart. Parents play a significant role in the development of their children. As a Salt Lake City visitation attorney, I am committed to not only protecting the rights of each client, but to also ensure their child has the best chance for a bright future. As a family law attorney, I take pride in helping clients and their families seek the best solutions for their child time-sharing and visitation arrangements.
Because Utah family law can be complicated, I can help each client navigate effectively through the legal process. Child custody disputes can often get emotional and messy. When these emotions get in the way, it can be difficult to make good decisions. As your legal advocate, I will always be in your corner from the time of your initial consultation and all the way to to the courtroom.
Contact a Salt Lake City Visitation Attorney Today
The first step to resolving your divorce and child custody issues to seek legal representation from a Salt Lake City visitation attorney with a significant track record of protecting the rights of each client. By scheduling a free initial consultation, I can help walk you through the process and help determine a plan that is best for your situation. My job is to make sure your parental rights are respected. To learn more, contact The Ault Firm and schedule a consultation today to discuss your case.